Introducing Regave, a typeface inspired by Danish style lettering based off the work of Knud Valdemar Engelhardt (1882–1931) who designed the street signs for the Copenhagen suburb of Gentofte. The Engelhardt's design was loosely based on the lettering of two Danish architects of the time: Thorvald Bindesbøll (designer of the Carlsberg logo) and Anton Rosen. The signs were so successful that they’re still in use today.
The most noticeable characteristic of Danish style are:
- a flat apex of the A
- the widening of diagonal terminals
- a double-storey g with its loop terminating before it forms the bottom most stroke (Erik Spiekermann coined this a Danish g)
- a single-story g with a stumpy tail
- a K with an almost laterally moved crotch, connected to the stem by an extra horizontal stroke
- widened diagonal connecting strokes forming flat apex or baseline strokes
Regave will be suitable for many creative projects. This masculine, strong and unique typeface will be suitable for logos, posters, presentations, headlines, lettering, branding, quotes, titles, magazines, headings, web banners, mobile applications, art quotes, advertising, packaging design, book title, and more!
Font - Regave.
Size: 1.1 Mb