Coco Sharp is the newest evolution of the Coco typographic project, developed since 2013 by Cosimo Lorenzo Pancini for the foundry Zetafonts, with the help of Francesco Canovaro and Andrea Tartarelli. Influenced by vernacular grotesques sign-painting and modernist ideals, and inspired by the classy aesthetic of fashion icon Coco Chanel, Coco is drawn on a classic geometric sans skeleton but applies humanist proportions and visual corrections to key letters with the aim to create a warmer, subtly vintage texture on the page and on the screen.
Coco Sharp drops the rounded corners of previous incarnations (Coco Gothic and Cocogoose) to pair the typeface display and logo capability with a sharper definition for text use. As in the other Coco families, a wide range of alternate letterforms allows to express different historical moods, including elegant, quirky and unexpected designs able to transform a simple word in a memorable wordmark.
The other peculiarity of Coco Sharp lies in the wide choice of x-heights given to the user, both by providing a variable version and five graded sub-families, that allows designers to fine-control text readability and space usage. Large and XLarge versions provide big and easily readable lowercase letters, perfect for small point size typesetting or bold copywriting; Small and XSmall provide smaller lowercase letters with the elegant proportions of Futura and its modernist eponyms, optimized for display use or for adding a classy flare to body text; the Regular x-height offers a "one size fits all" solution that works both for texts and for display use.
Alle the 60 weights of Coco Sharp come with a full set of open type features allowing faultless typesetting thanks to small capitals, positional numbers & case sensitive forms.
Use Coco Sharp out of the box as a solid workhorse family or enjoy discovering the limitless possibilities of its 2000+ latin, cyrillic and greek glyphs covering over 200 languages worldwide.
• Suggested uses: perfect for modern branding and logo design, editorial design, web design, packaging and countless other projects;
• 62 styles: 6 weights + 6 italics x 5 different x-heights + 2 variable fonts;
• 2011 glyphs in each weight;
• Useful OpenType features: Access All Alternates, Small Capitals From Capitals, Case-Sensitive Forms, Glyph Composition / Decomposition, Denominators, Fractions, Kerning, Lining Figures, Localized Forms, Mark Positioning, Mark to Mark Positioning, Alternate Annotation Forms, Numerators, Oldstyle Figures, Ordinals, Proportional Figures, Stylistic Alternates, Scientific Inferiors, Small Capitals, Stylistic Set 1, Stylistic Set 2, Stylistic Set 3, Stylistic Set 4, Stylistic Set 5, Stylistic Set 6, Stylistic Set 7, Stylistic Set 8, Stylistic Set 9, Subscript, Superscript, Tabular Figures, Slashed Zero
• 220 languages supported (extended Latin, Cyrillic, Greek alphabets)
Font - Coco Sharp.
Size: 8 Mb